Some ideas about what you can
do to make traveling with
- With a Class C motorhome with a bunk bed above the driving compartment,
you can split the bunk bed and let two kids sleep up there. We attached
a small curtain using Velcro to the top of the bunk area and split the
space into two separate sleeping areas. Both kids loved sleeping up there.
- DC->AC power inverter. We bought a 300 Watt inverter to plug our
TV/VCR into while we're driving. The inverter plugs into the cigarette
lighter outlet (there's one behind every TV space in our RV) and this allowed
our kids to watch their favorite shows on tape during LONG driving sessions.
- A Folding Gerry PottyChair. This folding unit allowed our kids to sit
comfortably on the potty and can act as a step stool to help them reach
the bathroom sink.
- A Plywood board under the bunk bed bedding allowed us to use folding
bed side rails to keep the kids from falling out while sleeping. Without
the board, the opening under the bedding is too large to allow the side
rails to fit.
- Vanity mirror on shades. We put a Vanity mirror on the passenger side
sun shade so the passenger could quickly see what the kids are doing in
- An Over-the-tub drying rack fit nicely in the shower stall to air dry
towels or a full laundry load. It also allowed us to dry wet ponchos, boots,
and raincoats after coming in from the pouring rain.
- We replaced our coffee maker (we don't drink coffee) with an under
the counter toaster oven. This helped make simple meals without starting
up the gas stove.
If you've got more suggestions or questions about our list, please write to us.